Software Developer Team Lead (Fintech/Payments)
- Full time
- Cape Town
- @Black Pen Recruitment posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 10 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Computers & IT & TelecomsAccounting / Banking & Finance
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Our client is a leading software expert in South Africa’s payment and transaction processing and management industry. Their cloud-based processing technology is used by/integrated into South Africa’s biggest banks, retailers, and mobile network operators (MNOs), positively impacting the lives of many South Africans.
Committed to being intentional, customer-centered, and employee-oriented, our client fosters an environment of growth, trust, and freedom. Our client is looking for a dynamic Software Developer Team Lead with a strong background in Fintech and Payments.
As the Software Developer Team Lead, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of talented developers, contribute to architectural design, and ensure the successful delivery of software projects. This is a hands-on leadership role where you will drive the team’s performance and foster a culture of growth and collaboration.
- Lead by example by actively contributing to the development of software projects.
- Design and review architectural solutions, ensuring scalability, robustness, and maintainability.
- Collaborate with the Project Office, Product teams, and Professional Services teams to define, prioritize, and execute projects.
- Utilize software development methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time and with high quality.
- Set clear goals and objectives for team members, monitor their progress, and provide guidance and support.
- Cultivate and support the professional and personal growth of every team member, empowering them to advance in their careers.
- Foster a shared sense of purpose among the team, nurturing a deep commitment to their work.
- Understand the vision and strategy of the client and play an influential role in achieving their goals.
- Identify talent gaps within the team and actively participate in the recruitment process.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with team members to provide feedback, manage performance, and facilitate career development.
- Perform performance evaluations of team members, recognizing and rewarding excellence.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience leading a software development team.
- 2+ years of experience working as a developer in a software development team.
- Full stack experience and SaaS development experience are advantageous.
- Experience or knowledge in the Payments industry is a plus.
- Career growth: Delivering world-class financial services software products in a fast-paced company will accelerate your career faster than anywhere else.
- Transparency: Our client fosters open discussions about strategy, finances, salaries, and major decisions.
- Autonomy: You’ll have the trust and freedom to make good decisions based on the information provided.
- Shared vision: Shape a vision to build the future of financial services.
- Work-life balance: Enjoy flexible work hours, onsite gym and shower facilities, daily cooked lunches, stocked kitchen, team socializing activities, and a generous leave policy.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.