- Full time
- Cape Town
- @Persona HR Consulting posted 3 months ago
- Posted : 8 December 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Transport & Logistics
Qualifications Practical experience only
Our client, a reputable logistics, warehouse, and freight company based in Cate Town – CBD, is seeking a skilled Shipping Controller to join their team. With several years of experience in the industry, the company is well-established and committed to delivering exceptional shipping services to its clients.
They prioritize efficiency, accuracy, and adherence to legal requirements in all their operations. Joining this company offers a rewarding opportunity to contribute to the smooth flow of shipments and ensure customer satisfaction.
Our client is looking for a detail-oriented and experienced Shipping Controller to join their dynamic team. As a Shipping Controller, you will play a vital role in managing the shipping process and ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of goods.
Your responsibilities will include verifying documentation, coordinating vessel bookings, arranging payments, monitoring cargo, preparing export and import documentation, and ensuring compliance with customs regulations. This role requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication abilities, and proficiency in Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and verify shipping documentation to ensure compliance with shipping requests and legal obligations.
- Manage bookings and instructions for vessels, ensuring accurate and timely arrangements.
- Arrange and process payments related to shipping activities.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s shipping schedule and policies.
- Monitor the status and condition of cargo throughout the shipping process.
- Prepare export and import documentation in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Plan, handle, and control shipments to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensure customs compliance for import and export entries, including submission to customs and ongoing monitoring.
- Confirm the dispatch and arrival of cargo, coordinating necessary details with clients.
- Update ATA’s (Actual Time of Arrival) to reflect accurate shipment statuses.
- Issue customs and shipping documents as required.
- Register, update, and maintain comprehensive files for shipping activities.
- Compile and calculate shipment charges accurately.
- Monitor and manage shipments within budgetary constraints.
- Coordinate with agents to facilitate smooth shipping operations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, ensuring their satisfaction with shipping services.
- Regularly report on the status of shipments to relevant stakeholders.
- Process and submit documentation accurately and promptly.
- Verify supplier invoices to ensure alignment with price lists.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in shipping or logistics.
- Understanding of INCO terms and their application.
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Excel and other relevant software applications.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Additional details regarding remuneration, allowances, and other incentives may be provided.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.