Senior Inbound Consultant
- Full time
- South Africa
- @The Recruiters posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 28 December 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 5 Years
What we do Tourism / Travel & Aviation
Qualifications Grade 12 / MatricPractical experience only
Our client is a well-established South African inbound tour operator specializing in creating exceptional travel experiences. With a focus on providing personalized service and in-depth destination knowledge, they have built a strong reputation in the industry.
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Inbound Consultant to join their growing team in the USA & Australasia Division. As a Senior Inbound Consultant, you will play a vital role in designing tailor-made itineraries, providing specialist advice to agents, and ensuring excellent customer service.
If you have a passion for the travel industry and extensive product and destination knowledge of Southern Africa, this role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a passion for the travel industry.
- Collaborate with overseas tour operators to coordinate travel arrangements.
- Utilize in-depth product and destination knowledge of Southern Africa to create customized itineraries.
- Handle FIT and ad hoc group quoting.
- Design itineraries for ADHOC tailormade enquiries.
- Create and quote packages for agent websites.
- Provide specialist advice on destinations to agents.
- Apply strong sales techniques to convert potential business.
- Prepare accurate and detailed itineraries and related service quotes.
- Handle after-hours phone inquiries on a rotational basis.
- Utilize Microsoft Word for various tasks.
- Communicate professionally via email and telephone.
- Demonstrate a figures-oriented approach.
- Bring a creative edge to itinerary design.
- Understand the protocol involved in dealing with senior management of corporate customers.
- Collaborate with colleagues and receive directives to achieve mutual goals.
- Engage with Southern African suppliers to secure the best product and service at competitive prices.
- Utilize strong negotiating skills with suppliers and clients.
- Take ownership of all elements of the travel experience, ensuring professionalism and organization.
- Multitask between current and new quotes.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Exhibit excellent conduct over the phone and email.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Matric qualification (Grade 12) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of inbound tour consulting experience.
- Experience working with overseas tour operators.
- In-depth product and destination knowledge of Southern Africa.
- Proficiency in FIT and ad hoc group quoting.
- Must have experience in quoting itineraries and related services.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your updated CV and relevant documents.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.