- Full time
- @Work In South Africa posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 8 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do Construction / Engineering
Qualifications Diploma level / NQF 5+
A local reputable construction company specializing in various projects in Centurion, South Africa is looking for a skilled and detail-oriented Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
With a strong track record of delivering high-quality construction services, the company has established itself as a remarkable player in the industry. As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the cost and financial management of construction projects.
From initial estimation to final account settlement, your expertise in quantity surveying will play a vital role in ensuring project success. This is an exciting opportunity to work on diverse construction projects and make a significant impact within the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze project cost estimates, budgets, and cash flow projections.
- Evaluate tender documents and prepare comprehensive bills of quantities.
- Monitor project costs, variations, and progress against the budget.
- Conduct cost analysis and value engineering exercises to optimize project expenses.
- Assess and negotiate contracts, including subcontractor agreements.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reports, including cost forecasting and final accounts.
- Perform risk assessments and develop contingency plans.
- Conduct regular site visits to assess progress and quantify completed work.
- Maintain effective communication with stakeholders, including clients, contractors, and suppliers.
- Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, and best practices in quantity surveying.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry.
- Sound knowledge of quantity surveying principles, methods, and practices.
- Proficient in using quantity surveying software and MS Office Suite.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in cost calculations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Professional certifications and affiliations are desirable.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in South Africa
BMW Apprenticeship Internship