Operational Clinical Nurse Specialist – Theatre
- Full time
- @MSP Staffing (Pty) Ltd posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 29 December 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
What we do Health / Medical services
Qualifications Diploma level / NQF 5+Registered / Valid License
Our client is a renowned private hospital in Durban, dedicated to delivering exceptional healthcare services to patients. With a strong commitment to excellence and innovation, our client has earned a reputation as a leading healthcare institution in the region.
Our client, a prestigious private hospital, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Operational Clinical Nurse Specialist – Theatre to join their team. Take this opportunity to elevate your career in the thriving healthcare landscape of Durban.
As an Operational Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the operational success and efficiency of the Theatre Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert clinical leadership and guidance to the Theatre Department, ensuring adherence to best practices, protocols, and industry standards.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop and implement operational strategies that optimize patient care delivery and resource utilization.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of theatre operations, identifying areas for improvement and implementing appropriate measures.
- Foster a culture of excellence and continuous improvement within the Theatre Department, promoting a patient-centered approach and maintaining the highest standards of care.
- Oversee the scheduling and coordination of surgical procedures, ensuring efficient utilization of theatre resources, including staff, equipment, and supplies.
- Collaborate with the procurement and finance teams to ensure the availability of necessary theatre equipment, instruments, and consumables.
- Develop and implement policies, protocols, and quality assurance initiatives to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and maintain patient safety.
- Provide guidance and support to theatre staff, including nurses and support personnel, fostering professional growth and development.
- Participate in the recruitment, orientation, and training of new theatre staff, ensuring a skilled and competent workforce.
- Collaborate with surgeons, anesthetists, and other healthcare professionals to ensure effective communication and coordination of care.
- Maintain accurate documentation and records related to theatre operations, patient care, and administrative tasks, adhering to legal and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing is required.
- Post Basic qualification in Theatre is essential, demonstrating specialized knowledge and expertise in theatre operations.
- Valid registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) is mandatory.
- Previous experience in a clinical leadership role within a theatre setting is highly advantageous.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Details regarding remuneration, allowances, and other incentives will be discussed during the interview process. Our client offers competitive compensation packages, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.