Lodge Administrator/Stock Controller
- Full time
- @Hospitality and Outdoor posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 4 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Hospitality & Hotels
Qualifications Practical experience only
Our client is a luxury safari lodge located in the North West region. With a rich history of providing exceptional hospitality experiences, the lodge offers a unique blend of luxury accommodation and unforgettable wildlife encounters. Joining our client’s dynamic team means being part of a company that is dedicated to delivering unparalleled service and creating lasting memories for guests.
Our client is looking for a detail-oriented and experienced Lodge Administrator/Stock Controller to join their team. As a key member of the lodge’s operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining accurate stock control procedures, managing inventory, and ensuring the smooth financial operations of the lodge.
This role requires someone with a strong background in administration and hospitality, along with excellent attention to detail and a guest-focused mindset. In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to live in the lodge during their working cycle, enjoying meals on duty and a 7.5% contribution to their provident fund.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial and Stock Control:
- Ensure all inventory and stock management systems are accurately maintained within agreed parameters and timelines, meeting company COS standards.
- Conduct regular stock takes and adhere to budgeted COS, margin %, and mark-up on goods.
- Collaborate with heads of departments (HODs) to manage stock orders and avoid overspending.
- Maintain stock and equipment inventories, keeping accurate records.
- Coordinate the ordering and purchasing of equipment and supplies.
- Generate mid-month and month-end reports in a timely manner.
- Evaluate stock items for best value and allocate them to the correct inventory accounts.
- Conduct rotational checks on high-value stock items.
- Facilitate mid-month and end-of-month stock takes in collaboration with HODs.
- Submit all stock take reports to Lodge Management within agreed timelines.
- Compile income and expense reports for the General Manager.
- Monitor and report sales item prices to Lodge Management, making necessary changes as required.
- Schedule and receive beverage deliveries, verifying product quality and quantity.
- Manage stock on the Operating System, ensuring accurate issues and transfers.
- Oversee daily stock issues to various sales/usage points.
- Review beverage menu prices and update system, bar sheets, and wine lists accordingly.
- Monitor popularity of items and optimize the ordering process.
- Coordinate maintenance services for equipment such as refrigeration, coffee machines, and ice machines.
Staff Relations and Management:
- Attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- Foster effective working relationships with colleagues, senior staff, and management.
- Promote a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Assist in ensuring all team members have a clear understanding of company standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in hospitality and/or administration positions.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of stock procedures and stock control.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Pastel, and Hospitality Operating Systems.
- Familiarity with company financial procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail and adherence to hygiene principles.
- Strong guest focus philosophy.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to honest communication.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and emotional control as a team player.
- Excellent time management and self-discipline.
- Proactive approach, utilizing initiative and creative flair when required.
- Committed, loyal, adaptable, and flexible.
Our client offers a competitive salary dependent on experience, along with live-in accommodation on a working cycle of 42 days on and 14 days off. Meals will be provided while on duty, and a 7.5% contribution to the provident fund is included in the package.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.