Intermediate Java Software Developer (FinTech/Payments)
- Full time
- Cape Town
- @Black Pen Recruitment posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 10 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Computers & IT & TelecomsAccounting / Banking & Finance
Qualifications Bachelors DegreePractical experience only
Our client is a leading software expert in South Africa’s payment and transaction processing and management industry. Their cloud-based processing technology is utilized by/integrated into the country’s biggest banks, retailers, and mobile network operators (MNOs), positively impacting the lives of many South Africans.
With a commitment to being intentional, customer-centered, and employee-oriented, our client fosters an environment of growth, trust, and freedom. Our client is looking for an Intermediate Java Software Developer with a focus on FinTech and Payments to join their dynamic team in Cape Town.
As an Intermediate Java Software Developer, you will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining software applications, contributing to the design and architecture of solutions, and ensuring their scalability, robustness, and maintainability. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology in the payment industry and make a significant impact.
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented Java code to develop and maintain software applications.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of software solutions, ensuring they are scalable, robust, and maintainable.
- Develop and implement unit and integration tests to ensure the reliability and performance of applications.
- Identify and resolve software defects and issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback to maintain code quality and consistency.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other developers, to deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Identify and implement performance enhancements and optimizations in Java applications.
- Maintain technical documentation and facilitate knowledge sharing to encourage team collaboration and learning.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in Java development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 years of experience in Software Development, preferably in the Payments industry.
- A university degree or an additional 3 years of relevant working experience in Java.
- Strong technical proficiency in Java.
- Full stack experience and SaaS development experience are advantageous.
- Knowledge or experience in the Payments industry is a plus.
- Career growth: You will have the opportunity to work on world-class financial services software products and gain hands-on experience in scaling high-trust practices, accelerating your career.
- Transparency: Our client fosters open discussions about strategy, finances, salaries, and major decisions.
- Shared vision: You will be able to shape a vision for building a company that leads the future of financial services.
- Work-life balance: Our client supports flexible work hours, provides onsite gym and shower facilities, offers daily cooked lunches and stocked kitchen, organizes team socializing activities, and has a generous leave policy.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.