- Full time
- Port Elizabeth
- @Drake International South Africa posted 4 weeks ago
- Posted : 1 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 3 Years
What we do Other professional services
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Our client, a well-established legal firm based in Gqeberha (formerly Port Elizabeth), specializes in providing comprehensive legal services to a diverse range of clients.
With a strong reputation for excellence and a commitment to upholding the highest professional standards, the firm has been serving the community for many years. They are dedicated to fostering a supportive and inclusive work environment that values the growth and development of their employees.
Our client is looking for a dynamic and experienced HR Manager to join their team. As the HR Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring HR compliance and conducting audits to maintain the firm’s adherence to relevant regulations and policies.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of a reputable law firm and support the growth and well-being of its employees. The remuneration package for this position is competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures in accordance with relevant legislation and industry best practices.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with labour laws, regulations, and internal policies.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process, including job postings, screening, interviewing, and making job offers.
- Manage employee onboarding and orientation, ensuring a smooth transition for new hires.
- Coordinate performance management processes, including goal-setting, performance evaluations, and feedback sessions.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on HR-related matters, including employee relations, disciplinary actions, and conflict resolution.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records, ensuring confidentiality and data protection.
- Administer employee benefits programs, such as health insurance, retirement plans, and leave policies.
- Monitor and analyze HR metrics to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Stay informed about changes in labour laws and regulations and update HR policies and practices accordingly.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement HR strategies aligned with the firm’s goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Hold a relevant degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of HR principles, practices, and legislation.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in an HR management role, preferably within the legal industry.
- Strong knowledge of labour laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively.
- Proven experience in conducting HR audits and ensuring compliance.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with utmost professionalism and discretion.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in HR management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and professional environment, alongside a team of dedicated legal professionals. The firm offers a competitive remuneration package and provides ongoing support for professional development.
Share this job with friends and relativesLogin to Apply