- Full time
- @Work In South Africa posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 2 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do Other professional services
Qualifications Certificate level
Hirsch’s Homestores is a well-established family-run chain of appliance and home furnishing stores with 19 branches and concept stores spread across South Africa.
Since its inception in 1979 by Allan Hirsch and his wife Margaret, the company has grown from humble beginnings with an initial investment of just R900 to become a prominent force in the appliance and electronics industry. Hirsch’s Homestores is renowned for offering top brands and delivering exceptional service to its customers.
Hirsch’s Homestores is seeking a dynamic HR Assistant to join their team in the KZN branches. As an essential member of the Human Resources department, the HR Assistant will play a crucial role in supporting various HR functions, including HR management, benefits administration, HRIS maintenance, and general administrative tasks.
This is a full-time on-site position that offers an opportunity to contribute to the efficient operation of the HR department and the overall success of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with HR administrative tasks, including maintaining employee records, filing, and data entry.
- Support the HR team in managing and updating the HRIS system.
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding process, including creating job postings, scheduling interviews, and conducting reference checks.
- Coordinate employee benefits programs, such as medical aid and retirement plans.
- Assist in administering employee training and development programs.
- Provide support in employee relations matters and assist with grievance handling.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with labour laws and regulations.
- Contribute to the preparation and distribution of HR-related communications and policies.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating employee events and recognition programs.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to ethical standards in handling sensitive employee information.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong understanding of Human Resources (HR) principles and practices.
- Proven experience in HR management, benefits administration, and HRIS.
- Familiarity with employee training and development processes.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- Knowledge of South African labour laws and regulations is a plus.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and own transportation.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.