Grade 4 Teacher
- South Africa
- @Work In South Africa posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 11 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Christel House South Africa is a reputable educational institution dedicated to providing quality education and holistic development opportunities to underprivileged children.
Our organization believes in empowering students to break the cycle of poverty through education, character development, and career guidance. With a focus on creating a nurturing and inclusive environment, Christel House South Africa equips students with the skills and knowledge they need to thrive academically and personally.
Christel House South Africa is looking for a dedicated and passionate Grade 4 Teacher to join our dynamic team on a contract basis for Term 1 of 2024. As a Grade 4 Teacher, you will have the opportunity to engage fully in the spirit and ethos of Christel House South Africa, delivering high-quality education in line with our teaching and learning philosophy.
We seek a team player who can inspire and engage students, demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This role offers a rewarding opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of underprivileged children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach all learning areas in Grade 4, following the prescribed curriculum (CAPS) and ensuring effective instructional delivery.
- Create a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes student engagement and fosters a love for learning.
- Utilize instructional improvement strategies to enhance teaching effectiveness and student outcomes.
- Implement effective classroom management techniques to maintain discipline and create a conducive learning environment.
- Assess student performance regularly, providing feedback and support for individual student growth.
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan and implement cross-curricular activities and initiatives.
- Incorporate technology into teaching practices and utilize computer literacy skills to enhance student learning.
- Actively participate in the school’s extra and co-curricular programs, supporting students’ holistic development.
- Maintain regular communication with parents or guardians, providing updates on student progress and addressing any concerns.
- Attend staff meetings, professional development sessions, and other school-related events as required.
- Adhere to the school’s policies, procedures, and code of conduct, serving as a positive role model for students.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (Intermediate Phase) or equivalent qualification.
- Valid SACE certification (South African Council for Educators).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and engage students.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and second languages.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS).
- Familiarity with instructional improvement strategies and effective classroom management techniques.
- Proficiency in computer literacy to integrate technology into teaching practices.
- Willingness to participate actively in extra and co-curricular activities.
- Passion for education and commitment to the holistic development of underprivileged children.
Application Closing Date: Monday, 15 January 2024 at 12h00.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.