Fund Development & Donor Management Vacancy
- Full time
- @Work In South Africa posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 18 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do NGO / NPO & CharityOther professional services
Qualifications Practical experience onlyGrade 12 / Matric
The National Council of SPCAs (NSPCA) is a reputable organization dedicated to animal welfare in South Africa. With a long-standing commitment to protecting and advocating for animals, the NSPCA works tirelessly to ensure their well-being and promote responsible treatment. As an established authority in the field, the NSPCA plays a vital role in enforcing animal welfare legislation and driving positive change.
The NSPCA is looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join their dynamic team in Alberton, Gauteng. We have an exciting opportunity available in Fund Development, Reporting & Donor Management. As a member of the NSPCA, you will contribute to sustainable fund development, handle reporting responsibilities, and manage relationships with donors.
This is a pivotal role that will directly impact the NSPCA’s ability to continue making a difference in animal welfare. Remuneration and benefits will be discussed during the interview process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of fundraising strategies to secure funds for the NSPCA’s ongoing operations and programs.
- Conduct research and identify potential funding sources, including grants, sponsorships, and donations.
- Prepare compelling funding proposals, reports, and presentations to attract and retain donors.
- Maintain accurate records of donor interactions, contributions, and pledges.
- Provide regular updates and reports on fundraising activities and progress to the management team and stakeholders.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with existing and potential donors, ensuring effective stewardship.
- Coordinate donor recognition and appreciation initiatives, including acknowledgments, events, and communications.
- Collaborate with various teams within the NSPCA to gather information and data for reporting purposes.
- Stay updated with industry trends, best practices, and compliance requirements related to fund development and reporting.
- Assist in organizing and managing fundraising events, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Support other administrative tasks within the fund development department, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in an administrative or fund development position.
- Own reliable transport is essential for this role.
- SAPS clearance certificate.
- A National Senior Certificate (Grade 12).
- Any relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous.
- A genuine passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the NSPCA’s mission.
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken, with excellent writing skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Approachable and personable, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
If you are passionate about animal welfare and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we invite you to apply for this position by 31 January 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.