Debtors Clerk / Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Full time
- South Africa
- @Work In South Africa posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 4 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Other professional services
Qualifications Practical experience onlyGrade 12 / Matric
Our client is a reputable organization in the finance sector, dedicated to providing exceptional financial services to its customers. With a strong commitment to excellence, they have established themselves as a leader in the industry, continuously striving for innovation and efficiency.
Our client is looking for a skilled Debtors Clerk / Accounts Receivable Clerk to join their dynamic team. As a Debtors Clerk, you will be responsible for monitoring and managing the accounts receivable of the company.
Your primary tasks will include collecting outstanding invoices, maintaining accurate records, and addressing any payment discrepancies or issues. This role offers an opportunity to contribute to the financial success of the organization while ensuring strong customer relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and distribute invoices to customers in a timely manner.
- Address and resolve billing queries or discrepancies raised by customers.
- Track and monitor payments received, ensuring timely collection of outstanding amounts.
- Perform aging analysis to identify overdue accounts and take appropriate actions.
- Collaborate with customers to facilitate collections and negotiate payment arrangements.
- Manage and minimize bad debt through proactive measures and effective communication.
- Maintain customer accounts, including updating contact information and credit limits.
- Implement and enforce credit management policies to mitigate risk and maintain healthy cash flow.
- Prepare regular reports on accounts receivable status and provide insights to management.
- Control and organize documentation related to accounts receivable processes.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline processes and improve efficiency.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 / Matric qualification.
- Post-secondary qualification in finance or accounting.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in the finance industry.
- Previous experience as a debtor’s controller or clerk.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Customer service mindset with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Fluency in English, including reading, writing, and speaking.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and accounts receivable processes.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Familiarity with relevant laws and regulations governing accounts receivable and collections.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Applicants must be South African citizens with a clear criminal and credit record.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.