Continuous Improvement Specialist
- Full time
- @RPO Recruitment posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 2 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Manufacturing & Warehousing
Qualifications Diploma level / NQF 5+
Our client, based in Johannesburg, is a leading company in the manufacturing and packaging sector. They are dedicated to delivering high-quality products and services to their customers. With a strong focus on continuous improvement and innovation, they strive to maintain their position as a significant market player.
Our client is looking for a dedicated and experienced Continuous Improvement Specialist to join their dynamic team in Johannesburg. As a Continuous Improvement Specialist, you will play a key role in driving operational excellence and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
You will utilize your expertise in Lean/World Class Manufacturing tools and techniques to optimize processes and achieve maximum efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct thorough analysis of existing processes, identifying areas for improvement and efficiency gains.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop and implement continuous improvement strategies and initiatives.
- Utilize Lean/World Class Manufacturing tools and techniques (such as TPM, Lean management, Six Sigma, WCM) to drive process optimization.
- Collect and analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate continuous improvement workshops and training sessions to promote a culture of operational excellence.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop metrics for process performance monitoring.
- Lead and support projects focused on process improvement, waste reduction, and productivity enhancement.
- Implement and maintain computerized maintenance systems (CMMS) for effective asset management and maintenance planning.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to ensure adherence to quality standards and compliance requirements.
- Provide training and guidance to team members on Lean/World Class Manufacturing principles and practices.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by fostering engagement and participation from employees at all levels.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering Diploma/Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of practical experience working with Lean/World Class Manufacturing tools and techniques, such as TPM, Lean management, Six Sigma, or WCM.
- Previous experience in FMCG or high-speed packaging environments is preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance systems (CMMS) and experience with OEE measurements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to lead and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and process optimization.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in South Africa
BMW Apprenticeship Internship